Every year a group of friends gather their fuzzy horses for a ride on New Years Day in the Spenceville Wildlife area. And we see a bald eagle! Does that mean good luck for 2019?? I sure hope so! Take a ride with us!
Our Gadgets! Addicting! We can’t get away from social media and TV. Before we know it, we had wasted 4 hours watching cats being cats on Youtube.
Our phones are like crack.. or in my case a big giant dark chocolate bar (my weakness). That big blue “F” icon just screams.. CHECK ME!
The signs that you are an addict.
- You have dirty dishes piled up next to your computer
- You can’t go to the bathroom without taking your phone
- Facebook is on your home screen front and center (no searching for it)
- At stop lights, you have to check FB, Twitter, etc.. Sitting for a minute waiting for a green light is such a LOOOONG time! You need to fill that time!
- You check FB while you are driving! BIG NO NO! You are DANGEROUS!
- You check all of your social media accounts the second you wake in the morning
- You check your phone in the middle of the night when you get up to go to take a pee.
- Your butt goes numb from sitting all day (not to mention gets a little wider)
- If your phone is only 5% charged its an all out EMERGENCY! You are scrambling- looking for your charger like an….well…. ADDICT!
The first step in the road to recovery from internet addiction is to first admit you have an addiction! YES! ADMIT IT! If that doesn’t work, see if you can put your phone in your pocket and NOT look at social media for a WHOLE DAY! If you do, you are addicted! Straight UP ADDICT!
So how do I remedy this? By getting away from that persistent phone-crack dealer called a CELL PHONE TOWER AKA Mr. Wifi! What? Yes. Get your ass out in nature and away from a tower!
If you can’t get out to nature, then pretend like its 1985 and leave your phone at home for an hour and take a walk around the block. Look at the trees. Take notice on how people landscape their yards, watch the birds. Its quite a show! Try and get your mind out of your phone a few times a week for at least a couple of hours a day!
For some this is a very REAL addiction and maybe some professional help is seriously needed! This stuff can go DEEP!
So, my remedy is to go places where there is no service. Try it! In the mean time, enjoy my bumpy ride into the Spenceville Wildlife area. There is NO cell service! 🙂