I hate whiners.
“I hate my life, I hate my husband, I hate my wife, I hate my situation, I hate my job, I hate my house, I hate my town, I can’t seem to make any money. I can’t seem to get ahead, I have the worst luck, my life just SUCKS! ”
I have one thing to say to these people…
YAWN! You are boring me. Go whine to someone else. I’m busy and I have things to DO!
HARSH??? Well GOOD! Cuz I’m DONE!
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not perfect and I can do my share of whining. However, I get to a point where I don’t want to listen to myself whine any longer, and I do something to change whatever it is that made me whine!
I used to be that person who would listen to these whiners. I listened to some of these whiners FOR YEARS! At first, I’d be sympathetic. I was that good friend who listened to their tales of woe and felt sorry for their strife. But after a few years, the tale of woe was the SAME! I found myself in a crazy loop! I’d offer my advice, give them ideas on how they can change their circumstances or patterns over and over again and there would be no change. I came to find that these people just like to WHINE and be miserable! They have every excuse in the book as to why they can’t change their circumstance! I’ve HEARD THEM ALL!
Here is a newsflash if your life sucks…. it will ALWAYS SUCK until you actively DO something to change your circumstance! Does your job suck? CHANGE IT! Is your business not making you money? CHANGE YOUR TACTICS! Are you in a bad relationship? GET OUT! Seriously! You only live a few short years on this planet. And, honestly, your friends and family are SICK of your whining! We want the best for you and we want to see you succeed and most importantly BE HAPPY. But, we are unable to help you unless YOU HELP YOURSELF. You must be willing to listen to advice, take that advice and DO something with it!
So here are some tips to help if you REALLY want to STOP being the whiner and START being the doer.
Disclaimer: I’m not a licensed medical or legal professional. These are just my ideas that have worked for me. Results may vary and my ideas are NOT to be construed as any sort of legal and/or medical advice) I assume no liability if any of my ideas don’t work for you or cause you harm. OK.. my lawyers are now happy
- Seek counseling. If you are afraid of change, then get a professional to help you through these issues!
- Change your business tactics. If you are constantly seeing a financial loss in your business, then its time to figure out a NEW plan and CHANGE the way you do business! Change your client base, change your prices, change your location, research your problem areas, get pro advice, or maybe change businesses all together! Sometimes, you just have to close up shop and move on. It’s not the end of the world, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start another business that makes money and is a better fit for you.
- Change jobs or career. Hate what you are doing? Learn to do something new. Yeah, you may have to take a pay cut at first, but learn to live with less. (see #6)
- Get OUT! In a horrible marriage or relationship and you’ve tried everything? GET OUT! SEE A LAWYER if you have to! BE SAFE and seek shelter if your situation is dangerous! Money shouldn’t be the issue. Look at #6. Live with less and simplify your life. You will be MUCH happier living in a tiny trailer, in your own space, doing your OWN thing than living in a big house with a partner that you despise! (I know, I’ve done it!)
- Move to another town, state or country! If your business or job prospects are nill to none where you live, think about re-locating to a place with more opportunities and/or a better client base. Some towns are very depressed and opportunities are ZERO! Research better locations! (I’ve moved more times that most chasing better jobs)
- Downsize and live a little simpler. HAPPINESS is the key here. You don’t “need” all that “stuff.” Really you DON’T! Learn to live with a lot less! Don’t live above your means and get into debt. This is the downfall of many people. They “think” they need that new car, the big house, the boat, all of the toys, the pampering, etc., when their paycheck (or lack of one) tells a different story. Until you can pay CASH for your toys and pampering, keep it simple. Getting yourself into huge debt and bogged down with a mountain of stuff will keep you STUCK in places you don’t want to be. Don’t get STUCK!
The bottom line is….. BE HAPPY. Stop whining…. DO SOMETHING! Get yourself out of your rut!
Still have a zillion excuses? Still have the need to whine? Then click here